- Remove tax-free equity from your home
- No need to make regular monthly payments
- Help a family member buy their own home with a modest mortgage
- Are you still paying a mortgage? No problems
- Stay living in your own property for as long as you like
- Often used to help tax planning
Examples of retired small business owners likely to have equity to release
- Marine aquaculture Woking
- Manufacture of paper stationery Verwood
- Manufacture of luggage, handbags and the like, saddlery and harness Telscombe
- Manufacture of pesticides and other agrochemical products Dorking
- Manufacture of soft furnishings Lutterworth
- Other software publishing Wantage
- Media representation services Leyland
- Retail sale of clothing in specialised stores Gateshead
- Manufacture of other ceramic products n e c Chester-le-Street
- Manufacture of irradiation, electromedical and electrotherapeutic equipment Havant
- Manufacture of prepared meals and dishes Morpeth
- Manufacture of rubber tyres and tubes; retreading and rebuilding of rubber tyres Thame
- Manufacture of soft drinks; production of mineral waters and other bottled waters Bridport
- Manufacture of other men’s outerwear Sandiacre
- Manufacture of ovens, furnaces and furnace burners Northwich
- Wholesale of pharmaceutical goods Gillingham
- Disinfecting and exterminating services Wincanton
- Retail sale of beverages in specialised stores Ottery St Mary
- Take-away food shops and mobile food stands Hungerford
- Quarrying of ornamental and building stone, limestone, gypsum, chalk and slate Northampton
- Packaging activities Coleshill
- Halifax Retirement Mortgage Advice
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage Broker
- Lloyds Bank Retirement Mortgages House
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage
- Lloyds Lifetime Mortgage
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage On Second Property
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage Advice
- Nationwide Lifetime Mortgage Broker
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage Interest Rates
- Lloyds Equity Release Retirement
- Halifax Equity Release Advice
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage Maximum Ltv
- Santander Retirement Mortgage
- Halifax Lifetime Mortgage Calculator
- Canada Life Lifetime Mortgages
- L&G Legal & General Premier Flexible Lifetime Mortgage
- Liverpool Victoria LV= Lump Sum Plus Lifetime Mortgage
- Pure Retirement Equity Release
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Plans
- Saga home reversion schemes
- NatWest Lifetime Mortgage
- Saga home reversion schemes
- TSB Equity Release Plans
- Royal Bank of Scotland Equity Release Plans
- Bridgewater Equity Release
- Pure Retirement Drawdown Plan
- HSBC Equity Release
- Age Partnership Equity Release Plans
It’s very regular to discover people seeking out home reversion plans, lumpsum lifetime mortgages or interest-only lifetime mortgages, however, Key Solutions like AA equity release are keen to see proof of your personal circumstances in the form of pension statements.
Equity Release LTV
- 60% lump sum lifetime mortgages The Exeter Equity Release
- 55% loan to value (LTV) interest-only lifetime mortgages Paragon Personal Finance
- 45% loan to value home reversion schemes Blemain
- 25% LTV lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release Central Trust
- 30% LTV lump sum lifetime mortgages Stafford Railway Building Society
- 30% loan to value (LTV) monthly payment lifetime mortgage Newcastle Building Society
Downsides of Lifetime Mortgages
A monthly payment lifetime mortgage can reduce the inheritance for your family. Lumpsum lifetime mortgages may impact entitlements to state benefits. You may need to pay a solicitor’s fee and some products expose you to changes in interest rates.
What percentage can be released?
The older you are and the more serious your illnesses you are the more tax-free money you can release.
The lender will want to know if the property is a Detached freehold house or a Leasehold flat with a share of freehold and if the resident is an Owner Occupier Primary Residence.
Difficult to mortgage home types include properties in poor condition, age restricted properties, freehold houses and bungalows (England, Wales, Northern Ireland), properties where the customer is offering only part of the title as security for the loan and properties owned under any form of shared equity scheme.
Many of the most appealing retirement mortgage products include TSB retirement mortgages, HSBC later life interest only mortgages over 70, Halifax retirement interest only mortgages, L&G later life mortgages and Nationwide Building Society mortgages for over 50 year olds.
Difficult to finance property types include Timber-framed properties constructed post-1965, properties with single skin brickwork where the single skin comprises more than 20% of the surface area of the external walls, steel frame/clad properties built before 1990, privately developed flats in blocks of two storeys without a lift and properties where the flat is accessed via a deck or balcony.
Common loan to value percentages of Lloyds remortgages for people over 50 years old, HSBC over 60 lifetime mortgages no fees, Natwest equity release plans for people over 60, L&G interest only lifetime mortgages for over 70s, RBS interest only mortgages for people over 70 and Nationwide BS interest only mortgages for over 60s are 40%, 55% and 65%.
Challenging to finance property variants can include properties built or converted into dwellings within the last 10 years , properties with room(s) or outbuilding(s) used for a small amount of personal commercial use, properties without direct access to an adopted highway or which are accessed over an unmade road, properties with flying or creeping freeholds which comprise over 15% of the total floor area and properties which have been built on a previously contaminated land are acceptable provided the result of an environmental search determines the land to be clear of contamination.
Challenging to finance home variants include properties will be assessed for flood risk, properties without a kitchen or bathroom, properties of non-standard construction, cob property and Airey, Boot, Cornish Unit, Dorran, Dyke, Gregory, Hamish Cross, Myton, Newland, Orlit and Parkinson Frame.
How much can I get?
You can get 60% of your property’s valuation. As an example, if your house is valued at £270000 you can borrow £162000.
Providers for Equity Release
- Sunlife Plans
- Norwich Union
- Key Solutions
- VitalityLife Equity Release
Areas where retirement mortgages are popular
Just Group plc, formerly JRP Group plc and, before that, Just Retirement Group plc, is a British company specialising in retirement products and services headquartered in Reigate, Surrey. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange. Wikipedia
Stock price: JUST (LON) 55.40 GBX -0.65 (-1.16%)
Headquarters: United Kingdom
Revenue: 2.863 billion GBP (2018)
Key person: Chris Gibson-Smith
Subsidiaries: Corinthian Pension Consulting Limited, MORE
registered address: Just Vale House, Roebuck Close, Bancroft Road, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 7RU.
For trustees or advisers who would like more information about our proposition, we’re here to help. Please call us on 01737 308 794 (9 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday).
Our registered address:
Vale House, Roebuck Close,
telephone on: 01737 233288
Just group of Companies comprising: (Just Retirement Limited, Just Retirement Money Limited, HUB Financial Solutions Limited, Just Retirement Management Services Limited, Just Re 1 Limited, Partnership Home Loans Limited, Paying for Care Limited, Partnership Services Limited, Partnership Life Assurance Company Limited and Partnership Group Holdings Limited.)
The registered office for Just Group plc (reg. no. 08568957), Just Retirement group Holdings Limited (reg. no. 06930326), Just Retirement (Holdings) Limited (reg. no. 05078978), Just Retirement Limited (reg. no. 05017193), Just Retirement Money Limited (reg. no. 09415215), HUB Financial Solutions Limited (reg. no. 05125701) and Just Retirement Management Services Limited (Reg. no. 04682458) is Vale House, Roebuck Close, Bancroft Road, Reigate, Surrey RH2 7RU.
The registered office for Partnership Life Assurance Company Limited (reg. no. 05465261), Partnership Home Loans Limited (reg. no. 05108846) and Partnership Services Limited (reg. no. 05465380) is 5th Floor, 110 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AY. Each company mentioned is registered in England and Wales and a member of the Just group of companies.
Just Retirement Limited and Partnership Life Assurance Company Limited are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. HUB Financial Solutions Limited, Just Retirement Money Limited and Partnership Home Loans Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.