- Remove tax-free equity from your house
- You don’t need to make monthly payments
- Help a member of your family buy their own home that they couldn’t afford otherwise
- Continue to live in your own home for as long as you like
- Could be a vehicle to reduce tax bills
Equity Release Loan To Value
The more aged you are and the unhealthier you are, the more cash you can release.
Hard to finance property types include homes requiring essential repairs, age restricted properties, right to buy – properties in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, commonhold properties and properties where the borrower(s) own the freehold with any connected party.
Popular pensioner loan products include Lloyds equity release plans, HSBC later life mortgages, Natwest pensioner mortgages, Legal & General mortgages for over 50 year olds and Nationwide pensioner mortgages.
Hard to mortgage home types include properties with post 1945 asbestos or similar composition roof tiles , properties with spray foam insulation applied to the underside of the roof, studio flats located within the M25, privately developed flats in blocks of five storeys or more and privately developed flats in blocks of three or four storeys without a lift.
Popular loan to value percentages of Lloyds over 60 mortgages, HSBC over 60 lifetime mortgages no fees, Natwest interest only mortgages for over 60s near London, Legal & General pensioner mortgages over 60, Royal Bank of Scotland pensioner mortgages over 60 and Nationwide BS interest only mortgages for over 60s near London are 45%, 55% and 65%.
Challenging to mortgage home variants include properties built or converted into dwellings more than 10 years ago, properties with a single annexe or other self-contained part of the property, grades l and ll* Listed Buildings in England & Wales (Grades A and B in Scotland; A, B+ and B1 in Northern Ireland), properties using rooms, land or outbuildings for business purposes which are not personal to the borrower(s) or which extend to more than 50% of the property to be secured and properties which have been built on a previously contaminated land are acceptable provided the result of an environmental search determines the land to be clear of contamination.
Tough to mortgage property variants can include properties with a sinking fund of 7% or more of the property sale price when the property is sold, leasehold properties with a short lease, typically less than 70 years, or a defective lease, some properties with sitting tenants or regulated tenancies, asbestos construction and missing planning permission or building regulations approval.
How much money can I borrow?
You can borrow 70% of your property’s valuation. As an example, if your house is worth £330000 you can get £231000.
- More 2 Life Capital Choice Plus Plan
- More2Life Capital Choice Plus Plan
- Pure Retirement Lifetime Mortgage
- HSBC Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- More to Life Capital Choice Plan
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release Plans
- TSB Equity Release Plans
- Aviva Equity Release
- Bridgewater Equity Release Plans
- Nationwide Equity Release
- Saga Lifetime Mortgage
- Age Partnership Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Aviva Lifetime Mortgages
- Hodge Indexed Lifetime Mortgage
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Plans
- TSB Equity Release Schemes
- Royal Bank of Scotland Equity Release Schemes
- Saga Equity Release Plans
Providers for UK Equity Release
- Age Partnership
- More to Life
- Legal and General
- The Exeter Equity Release
- Nationwide Retirement Mortgage Advice
- Halifax Equity Release Retirement
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage Interest Only Rates
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage Reviews
- Santander Retirement Mortgage
- Natwest Equity Release On Second Homes
- Natwest Retirement Mortgage Rates 2022
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage Reviews
- Lloyds Lifetime Mortgage
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage Calculator
- Nationwide Lifetime Mortgage Interest Only Rates
- Halifax Lifetime Mortgage Interest Only Rates
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage Providers
- Lloyds Bank
- Nationwide Equity Release Plan
Towns where equity release is popular
- Needham Market
- Lynton & Lynmouth
- Much Wenlock
- Northleach with Eastington
Equity release is standard among business owners like below
- Sound recording and music publishing activities Shipston-on-Stour
- Manufacture of veneer sheets and wood-based panels Southall
- Production of prepared meals and dishes Dartford
- Manufacture of household and sanitary goods and toilet requisites Rotherham
- Wireless telecommunications activities Nantwich
- Mining of lignite Desborough
- Retail sale of other second-hand goods in stores, not incl antiques Leyburn
- Manufacture of bricks, tiles and construction products, in baked clay Frome
- Specialised cleaning services Kington
- Painting Hetton
- Archives activities Goole
- Motion picture distribution activities Mossley
- Publishing of directories and mailing lists Marlow
- Manufacture of wiring devices Kirkby Stephen
- Marine aquaculture Bilston
- Manufacture of loaded electronic boards Tadcaster
- Production of meat and poultry meat products Bishops Stortford
- Manufacture of lifting and handling equipment Ilfracombe
- Repair of communication equipment Holbeach
- Combined facilities support activities Stanley
- Another retail sale of food in specialised stores Warrington
Drawbacks of Lifetime Mortgages
A monthly payment lifetime mortgage can reduce the inheritance for your family. A monthly payment lifetime mortgage may impact entitlements to state benefits. You may need to pay a legal fee, and you could be exposed to changes in interest rates with some products.
Equity Release LTV Percentages
- 50% lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release Old Mutual Wealth
- 25% loan to value monthly payment equity release Spring Finance
- 60% loan to value (LTV) monthly payment equity release Paragon Personal Finance
- 40% loan to value lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release West One
- 30% loan to value lump sum lifetime mortgages 1st Stop
It’s very regular to encounter individuals seeking out lump sum lifetime mortgages, monthly payment lifetime mortgage or interest-only lifetime mortgages, however, Age Concern like LV Liverpool Victoria is keen to see paperwork to show your circumstances in the form of pension statements.
The lender will want to know if the property is a Detached freehold house or a Leasehold flat with share of freehold and if the resident is an Assured shorthold tenancy tenant.
Just Group plc, formerly JRP Group plc and, before that, Just Retirement Group plc, is a British company specialising in retirement products and services headquartered in Reigate, Surrey. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange. Wikipedia
Stock price: JUST (LON) 55.40 GBX -0.65 (-1.16%)
Headquarters: United Kingdom
Revenue: 2.863 billion GBP (2018)
Key person: Chris Gibson-Smith
Subsidiaries: Corinthian Pension Consulting Limited, MORE
registered address: Just Vale House, Roebuck Close, Bancroft Road, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 7RU.
For trustees or advisers who would like more information about our proposition, we’re here to help. Please call us on 01737 308 794 (9 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday).
Our registered address:
Vale House, Roebuck Close,
telephone on: 01737 233288
Just group of Companies comprising: (Just Retirement Limited, Just Retirement Money Limited, HUB Financial Solutions Limited, Just Retirement Management Services Limited, Just Re 1 Limited, Partnership Home Loans Limited, Paying for Care Limited, Partnership Services Limited, Partnership Life Assurance Company Limited and Partnership Group Holdings Limited.)
The registered office for Just Group plc (reg. no. 08568957), Just Retirement group Holdings Limited (reg. no. 06930326), Just Retirement (Holdings) Limited (reg. no. 05078978), Just Retirement Limited (reg. no. 05017193), Just Retirement Money Limited (reg. no. 09415215), HUB Financial Solutions Limited (reg. no. 05125701) and Just Retirement Management Services Limited (Reg. no. 04682458) is Vale House, Roebuck Close, Bancroft Road, Reigate, Surrey RH2 7RU.
The registered office for Partnership Life Assurance Company Limited (reg. no. 05465261), Partnership Home Loans Limited (reg. no. 05108846) and Partnership Services Limited (reg. no. 05465380) is 5th Floor, 110 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AY. Each company mentioned is registered in England and Wales and a member of the Just group of companies.
Just Retirement Limited and Partnership Life Assurance Company Limited are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. HUB Financial Solutions Limited, Just Retirement Money Limited and Partnership Home Loans Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.