- Remove tax-free equity from your property
- Not necessary to make monthly payments
- Help your family to buy a house
- Continue to live in your own home
Lenders for UK Equity Release
- Just Retirement
- Prudential Lifetime
- Just Retirement
- Nationwide Retirement Mortgage House
- HSBC Equity Release Plans
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage On Second Property
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage Providers
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage Drawdown Scheme
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage Rates 2022
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage Buy To Let
- Nationwide Equity Release Loan
- Halifax Equity Release Drawdown
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release On Second Homes
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage Home
- Lloyds Bank Retirement Mortgages Interest Only
- Halifax Retirement Mortgage Age
- Santander Retirement Mortgage Calculator
Towns where retirement mortgages are popular
- Hemel Hempstead
- South Shields
- New Romney
It is common to find people seeking out monthly payment lifetime mortgage, monthly payment lifetime mortgage or home reversion plans, however, Just Retirement like Legal & General are keen to see paperwork to show your personal circumstances in the form of bank statements.
Difficult to mortgage property variants include properties in the course of construction or pre-construction, properties where the ownership is set up on a tenancy in common basis, leasehold properties where the lease length is currently unacceptable, properties where the customer is offering only part of the title as security for the loan and properties with single skin brickwork.
Popular pensioner loan products are Lloyds Bank retirement mortgages, HSBC later life mortgages, Post Office mortgages for over 60s, L&G mortgages for 60 plus and Nationwide BS interest only lifetime mortgages.
Hard to finance home variants can include timber framed properties built before 1920, properties with any externally applied insulation to the walls after construction, privately developed flats, maximum four storeys with a lift, privately developed flats in blocks of five storeys or more and privately developed flats in blocks of three or four storeys without a lift.
Some of the most popular LTV ratios of TSB interest only mortgages for over 70s, HSBC later life interest only mortgages over 60, Halifax pensioner mortgages over 55, L&G mortgages over 70s, Royal Bank of Scotland mortgages over 65 and Nationwide Building Society RIO mortgages over 75 are 35%, 55% and 70%.
Tough to finance property titles include properties with outbuildings used for normal domestic purposes (garage, workshop, stables, barn etc), properties with flying or creeping freehold which comprises 15% or less of the total floor area, properties with a small number of solar panels or a wind turbine on the land for domestic use, properties with mobile phone masts which are not within influencing distance of the house and properties where Japanese Knotweed is present.
Challenging to finance home variants can include properties with a sinking fund of 7% or more of the property sale price when the property is sold, properties with any kind of structural defect, damp, dry or wet rot, derelict property or where part of the building is in severe disrepair and needs demolishing, corrugated iron construction and concrete panel houses.
Loan to value for equity release?
You can borrow 70% of your property’s value. For example, if your house is worth £180000 you can borrow £126000.
Business owners who could benefit from equity release estate planning
- Activities of sports clubs Brentford
- Manufacture of knitted and crocheted fabrics Twickenham
- Activities of insurance agents and brokers Eastleigh
- Child day-care activities Kirkham
- Other activities auxiliary to insurance and pension funding Bingham
- Manufacture of imitation jewellery and related articles Reepham
- Cold drawing of wire Market Bosworth
- Archives activities Nailsworth
- Manufacture of other electronic and electric wires and cables Earby
- Life reinsurance Mablethorpe and Sutton
- Activities of distribution holding companies Weymouth
- Research and experimental development on biotechnology Cheltenham
- Manufacture of bearings, gears, gearing and driving elements Ellesmere
- Other processing and preserving of fruit and vegetables Brough
- Freshwater aquaculture Longtown
- Extraction of crude petroleum Hailsham
- Manufacture of corrugated paper and paperboard, sacks and bags Worthing
- Renting and leasing of freight water transport equipment Matlock
- Library activities Skelton-in-Cleveland
- Activities of amusement parks and theme parks Harrow
- Reproduction of video recording West Bromwich
Downsides of Lifetime Mortgages
Home reversion schemes can reduce your estate value. Monthly payment equity release may impact entitlements to benefits. You may need to pay an advisor’s fee and some products expose you to changes in interest rates.
- Aviva Lifestyle Flexible Option
- Canada Life Equity Release
- Pure Retirement Lifetime Mortgage
- Stonehaven Equity Release Scheme
- More to Life Capital Choice Plus Plan
- More2Life Tailored Choice Plan
- Hodge Equity Release Plans
- Nationwide Equity Release
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Plans
- TSB Equity Release Schemes
- NatWest Equity Release Schemes
- Age Partnership Equity Release
- Canada Life Equity Release Plans
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release
- Stonehaven Interest Select Plan
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release
- Saga Lifetime Mortgage
- Bridgewater Equity Release
- More to Life Capital Choice Plus Plan
- Stonehaven Lifetime Mortgage
- Nationwide Equity Release Plans
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Schemes
Equity Release LTV
- 50% interest-only lifetime mortgages AIG Life
- 60% loan to value lump sum lifetime mortgages Together Money
- 35% LTV home reversion plans West One
- 25% LTV lumpsum lifetime mortgages Axis Bank
- 30% loan to value (LTV) home reversion plans Axis Bank
- 30% loan to value lump sum lifetime mortgages Central Trust
- 45% LTV monthly payment lifetime mortgage Pepper
The mortgage lender will want to know if the property is a Freehold house or a Leasehold flat and if the resident is an Assured shorthold tenancy tenant.
How much is it common to release from a home
The older you are and the more illnesses you have you are the more money you can release.
Flexible Lifetime Mortgage Product Summary– Issue Date 14/08/2019
Home Equity Release plans
Premier Flexible Black
Interest rates Fixed and Variable
Standard 3.36% MER 3.41% AER 3.45% MER 3.51% AER 3.45% MER 3.51% AER 3.62% MER 3.68% AER 3.76% MER 3.83% AER 2% Cashback N/A 3.65% MER 3.71% AER 3.65% MER 3.71% AER 3.81% MER 3.88% AER 3.96% MER 4.03% AER £599 Arrangement fee 3.32% MER 3.37% AER 3.42% MER 3.47% AER 3.42% MER 3.47% AER 3.58% MER 3.64% AER 3.73% MER 3.79% AER Flexible Turquoise 3.96% MER 4.03% AER 4.15% MER 4.23% AER 3.92% MER 3.99% AER Flexible Blue 4.46% MER 4.55% AER 4.65% MER 4.75% AER 4.42% MER 4.51% AER Flexible Navy 4.81% MER 4.92% AER 5.00% MER 5.12% AER 4.77% MER 4.88% AER Flexible Indigo 5.25% MER 5.38% AER 5.44% MER 5.58% AER 5.21% MER 5.34% AER Call us on 03330 048444 Lines are open 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Call charges will vary. Calls may be monitored and recorded.
Legal & General Home Finance Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Legal & General Group plc. We are registered in England and Wales number 04896447. Registered office: One Coleman Street, London EC2R 5AA. Legal & General Home Finance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.