- Remove money from your property
- No regular monthly repayments
- Use the money for a holiday
- Continue to stay in your property
- Can be used to manage inheritance tax bills
Areas where equity release is common
- Blackwater and Hawley
- Carlton Colville
- Newton Abbot
- Royal Wootton Bassett
Successful business owners who could benefit from equity release estate planning
- Manufacture of computers and peripheral equipment Southwell
- Market research and public opinion polling Winchelsea
- Sea and coastal passenger water transport Wath-upon-Dearne
- Wholesale of other machinery and equipment Crook
- Sea and coastal freight water transport Wolverton and Greenleys
- Activities of conference organisers Willenhall
- Manufacture of plastic packing goods Brixham
- Publishing of newspapers Corsham
- Taxi operation Emsworth
- Raising of other animals Pateley Bridge
- Retail sale of mobile telephones Wincanton
- Other holiday and other collective accommodation Rugeley
- Binding and related services Buxton
- Activities of head offices Barnoldswick
- Manufacture of prepared feeds for farm animals Royal Tunbridge Wells
- Retail sale via mail order houses or via Internet High Wycombe
- Activities of mortgage finance companies Loughton
- Manufacture of compressors Blackwater and Hawley
- Manufacture of electronic industrial process control equipment Malton
- Activities of real estate investment trust Sandwich
- Private security activities Wivenhoe
How much is it common to release from a home
- 55% monthly payment lifetime mortgage LV Liverpool Victoria
- 40% loan to value monthly payment lifetime mortgage One Family
- 25% loan to value lumpsum lifetime mortgages Vernon Building Society
- 35% loan to value monthly payment equity release Stepchange
- 50% loan to value lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release Equifinance
- 25% LTV interest-only lifetime mortgages Barclays
- 30% loan to value home reversion plans Masthaven
- 40% loan to value interest-only lifetime mortgages Vida
Hard to mortgage home types can include properties where proposed building works have not yet commenced, entirely tenanted properties, feuhold/freehold properties (including flats) in Scotland, leasehold properties (with the exception of flats and maisonettes) and properties with owned solar panels.
Some of the most common retirement loan offerings are Lloyds RIO mortgages, Barclays interest only mortgages for people over 60, Natwest mortgages for people over 50, Legal and General interest only lifetime mortgages and Nationwide BS lifetime mortgages.
Difficult to mortgage property types can include properties with post 1945 asbestos or similar composition roof tiles , properties with pre 1945 asbestos or similar composition roof tiles, privately developed flats, maximum four storeys with a lift, coach houses i.e. freehold properties with garages beneath and privately developed flats in blocks of three or four storeys without a lift.
Some of the most popular LTV percentages of TSB mortgages over 65, Barclays Bank mortgages for over 60s, Natwest later life interest only mortgages over 70, Legal & General mortgages for 60 plus pensioners, Royal Bank of Scotland pensioner mortgages over 55 and Nationwide BS over 60 lifetime mortgages are 45%, 55% and 70%.
Challenging to mortgage home variants can include properties built or converted into dwellings more than 10 years ago, properties with room(s) or outbuilding(s) used for a small amount of personal commercial use, grades l and ll* Listed Buildings in England & Wales (Grades A and B in Scotland; A, B+ and B1 in Northern Ireland), properties that have solar farms or a large number of wind turbines on the land and properties which have been built on a previously contaminated land are acceptable provided the result of an environmental search determines the land to be clear of contamination.
Tough to mortgage property titles can include properties with legal agreements such as Overage, Clawback, Option, Pre-emption, or any onerous Restrictive Covenant, high service charges – properties where the Service Charge per annum at the time of application is more than 2% of the property value, property is uninhabitable, asbestos construction and properties that has never been registered with the land registry.
How much money can I borrow?
You can get 65% of your property’s value. For example, if your house is worth £300000 you can get £195000.
Drawbacks of Equity Release Plans
Interest-only lifetime mortgages can reduce the value of your estate. A monthly payment lifetime mortgage may impact the ability to claim entitlements. You may need to pay an advisor’s fee and you could have higher rates to pay with some schemes.
- Hodge Lifetime Flexible Drawdown Plan
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Plus Lifetime Mortgage
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release Schemes
- Nationwide Equity Release Plans
- Royal Bank of Scotland Equity Release Plans
- Age Partnership Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Just Retirement Equity Release
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Plus Lifetime Mortgage
- More to Life Capital Choice Plan
- Nationwide Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Plans
- TSB Equity Release Schemes
- NatWest Equity Release
- Pure Retirement Drawdown Plan
- Bridgewater Equity Release Plans
- Canada Life Prestige Flexi Option
- Liverpool Victoria LV= Lump Sum Plus Lifetime Mortgage
- More to Life Flexi Choice Voluntary Payment Super Lite
- Stonehaven Equity Release
- Nationwide Equity Release
- HSBC Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- NatWest Equity Release Schemes
- Saga home reversion schemes
- Age Partnership Lifetime Mortgage
Equity Release Loan To Value
The more aged you are and the sicker you are the more cash you can release.
The 1st and 2nd charge lender will want to know if the property is a Freehold house or a Leasehold house and if the resident is an AST Tenant.
UK Providers for Equity Release
- Just Retirement
- One Family
It’s very regular to discover individuals searching for lump sum lifetime mortgages, lump sum lifetime mortgages or interest-only lifetime mortgages, however, Aviva like Legal & General are keen to see paperwork to show your circumstances in the form of investment statements.
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage Advice
- Halifax Retirement Mortgage Lenders
- Santander Retirement Mortgage Interest Only
- Natwest Equity Release Schemes
- Lloyds Bank Retirement Mortgages House
- Lloyds Equity Release Mortgage
- Santander Equity Release Mortgage
- Nationwide Equity Release Mortgage
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Plan
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage Over 55
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage Home
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage Drawdown Scheme
- Halifax Lifetime Mortgage No Payments
- Nationwide Lifetime Mortgage Buy To Let
- Halifax Equity Release From House
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage Maximum Ltv