- Release money from your home
- Not necessary to make regular monthly payments
- Help your family get a deposit for their own home
- Continue to stay in your home for as long as you like
- Often used to manage inheritance tax bills
What percentage can be released?
- 50% home reversion plans The Exeter Equity Release
- 35% loan to value (LTV) home reversion plans Shawbrook
- 30% LTV monthly payment equity release Central Trust
- 25% loan to value interest-only lifetime mortgages Prestige Finance
- 45% loan to value (LTV) lumpsum lifetime mortgages Optimum Credit
- 25% LTV monthly payment equity release Central Trust
- 35% loan to value (LTV) home reversion plans West One
- Just retirement equity release lifetime mortgages
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release Plans
- Stonehaven Equity Release
- HSBC Equity Release Schemes
- More to Life Capital Choice Plan
- Royal Bank of Scotland Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Saga Equity Release Plans
- Bridgewater Equity Release Schemes
- Canada Life Landlord Voluntary Select Plan
- L&G Legal & General Premier Flexible Lifetime Mortgage
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release
- More to Life Flexi Choice Voluntary Payment Super Lite
- Stonehaven Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Nationwide Equity Release
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release
- NatWest Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
- Saga Equity Release Schemes
- Aviva Equity Release
- Canada Life Equity Release
- Just Retirement Equity Release Plans
- More to Life Tailored Choice Plan
- NatWest Equity Release Schemes
- Royal Bank of Scotland Equity Release Plans
- Age Partnership Equity Release Schemes
- Aviva Equity Release Plans
- Canada Life Prestige Flexi Option
- Age Partnership Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage
Hard to finance property types can include properties where proposed building works have not yet commenced, properties where tenants live in a self-contained part of the property, right to buy – properties in Scotland, crofted houses and properties owned under any form of shared equity scheme.
Common retirement loan offerings are Lloyds Bank mortgages over 70s, Barclays pensioner mortgages, Halifax retirement mortgages, L&G retirement interest only mortgages and Nationwide Building Society equity release schemes.
Hard to finance home variants can include difficult roof structures, properties with any external treatment applied to the roof after construction, studio flats located within the M25, freehold/feuhold flats (Scotland only) and flats above or adjacent to commercial premises.
Common loan to values of Lloyds later life mortgages for over 60s, HSBC interest only mortgages for over 70s, Post Office lifetime mortgages for people over 55, Legal and General mortgages for 60 year olds, Royal Bank of Scotland equity release schemes for people over 70 and Nationwide interest only mortgages for people over 70 are 40%, 60% and 70%.
Tough to mortgage home variants can include flats of less than 30 square metres in any location, properties with grounds in excess of five acres, properties with a small number of solar panels or a wind turbine on the land for domestic use, properties where there is a self-contained part of the property or annexe, i.e. basement flat etc and properties where Japanese Knotweed is present.
Challenging to mortgage property titles include properties with a sinking fund of 7% or more of the property sale price when the property is sold, high service charges – properties where the Service Charge per annum at the time of application is more than 2% of the property value, derelict property or where part of the building is in severe disrepair and needs demolishing, cob property and concrete panel houses.
How much money can I get?
You can borrow 70% of your property’s value. As an example, if your house is valued at £300000 you can release £210000.
Drawbacks of Home Reversion Plans
Monthly payment life time mortgage can reduce the inheritance for your family. Home reversion plans may impact ability to claim benefits. You may need to pay a valuation fee and you could have higher rates to pay with some schemes.
- Natwest Retirement Mortgage Advice
- Nationwide Equity Release Scheme
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage Rates 2022
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage Interest Rate
- Halifax Lifetime Mortgage On Second Property
- Nationwide Retirement Mortgage Interest Only
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage On Second Property
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage
- Santander Equity Release Schemes
- Lloyds Bank Retirement Mortgages Comparison
- Lloyds Lifetime Mortgage Interest Only Rates
- Natwest Equity Release Plans
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage On Second Property
- Halifax Equity Release Plans
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release Plan
It is usual to discover individuals searching for home reversion plans, monthly payment life time mortgage or home reversion plans, however, Lifetime Mortgage from L&G like Aegon are keen to see paperwork to show your personal circumstances in the form of pension statements.
The 1st and 2nd charge lender will want to know if the property is a Freehold terraced house or a Leasehold flat and if the resident is an Private Tenant.
Business owners who could benefit from equity release estate planning
- Manufacture of wooden containers Stanley
- Pre-primary education Haywards Heath
- Other publishing activities Reigate
- Freight air transport Bootle
- Engineering design activities for industrial process and production Holt
- Manufacture of prepared meals and dishes Nantwich
- Manufacture of machinery for textile, apparel and leather production Fowey
- Translation and interpretation activities Clay Cross
- Educational support services South Elmsall
- Renting and leasing of construction and civil engineering machinery and equipment Staines-upon-Thames
- Retail sale of clothing in specialised stores Stalbridge
- Operation of warehousing and storage facilities for water transport activities Henley-on-Thames
- Manufacture of workwear Kings Lynn
- Repair of fabricated metal products Richmond
- Social work activities without accommodation for the elderly and disabled Fleetwood
- Other human health activities Hendon
- Manufacture of sugar Eccles
- Renting and leasing of agricultural machinery and equipment Bodmin
- Manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products n e c Blackrod
- Activities of collection agencies Stalybridge
- Renting and leasing of passenger water transport equipment Selsey
What percentage can be released?
The more elderly you are and the sicker you are the more cash you can release.
Towns in the UK where retirement mortgages are common
- Tow Law
- Letchworth Garden City
Providers for UK Equity Release
- Key Retirement
- LV equity release
- Just Retirement
- The Exeter Equity Release
Phone: 03454 500 151