- Remove tax-free money from your property
- You don’t need to make monthly payments
- Use the cash to pay off loans and credit cards
- Stay living in your own house for as long as you like
Areas in the UK where retirement mortgages are routine
- Bishops Stortford
- Lytchett Minster & Upton
- High Wycombe
Equity Release percentages of your current property value
- 60% interest-only lifetime mortgages LV Liverpool Victoria
- 55% loan to value interest-only lifetime mortgages Bower
- 50% loan to value home reversion plans Together Money
- 50% loan to value interest-only lifetime mortgages Bower
- 45% LTV lifetime mortgage with flexible drawdown cash release Saga
- 55% loan to value (LTV) lumpsum lifetime mortgages Paragon Personal Finance
Retired business owners that may be interested in lifetime mortgages
- Media representation services Staveley
- Support activities for petroleum and natural gas extraction Edmonton
- Sports and recreation education Eastleigh
- Support activities for crop production Newquay
- Activities of agricultural holding companies Horsforth
- Wholesale of dairy products, eggs and edible oils and fats Burntwood
- Manufacture of plastics in primary forms Huntingdon
- Manufacture of trailers and semi-trailers Stony Stratford
- Wholesale of coffee, tea, cocoa and spices Cricklade
- Factoring Billingham
- Other credit granting n e c Rye
- Manufacture of light metal packaging Evesham
- Manufacture of hollow glass Market Bosworth
- Casting of steel Mansfield
- Ready-made interactive leisure and entertainment software development Crook
- Other sports activities Fazeley
- Landscape service activities Dorchester
- Activities of property unit trusts Penzance
- Retail sale of fruit and vegetables in specialised stores Sale
- Other passenger land transport Callington
- Other activities auxiliary to insurance and pension funding Bolton
UK Lenders for Equity Release
- Sunlife Plans
- Pure Retirement
- Age Partnership
Difficult to mortgage property variants include properties in the course of construction or pre-construction, properties where the ownership is set up on a tenancy in common basis, feuhold/freehold properties (including flats) in Scotland, properties where the customer is offering only part of the title as security for the loan and properties with single skin brickwork.
Some of the most popular pensioner loan products are Lloyds Bank later life borrowing schemes, Barclays Bank interest only mortgages for people over 70, Natwest over 60 mortgages, Legal & General mortgages for people over 50 and Nationwide mortgages for over 50 year olds.
Difficult to finance home types include eco houses and modern methods of construction, properties with any external treatment applied to the roof after construction, properties with minimum floor area of 30 square metres, privately developed flats in blocks of five storeys or more and basement or lower ground floor flats without level access to private or communal garden space.
Common loan to values of Lloyds mortgages for pensioners over 60, HSBC interest only retirement mortgages for over 70s, Halifax help to buy for over 60s, Legal and General help to buy for over 60s, RBS pensioner mortgages over 55 and Nationwide BS retirement interest only mortgages over 75 are 50%, 55% and 70%.
Challenging to finance property titles can include properties built or converted into dwellings more than 10 years ago, properties with room(s) or outbuilding(s) used for a small amount of personal commercial use, properties without direct access to an adopted highway or which are accessed over an unmade road, properties where there is a self-contained part of the property or annexe, i.e. basement flat etc and properties that have a private water supply provided a contract is in place with an approved maintenance company for regular testing and maintenance.
Challenging to finance home variants include properties with a sinking fund of 7% or more of the property sale price when the property is sold, leasehold properties with a short lease, typically less than 70 years, or a defective lease, properties where there are boundary disputes or where planning applications have not been applied for correctly, timber buildings and concrete panel houses.
Loan to value for equity release?
You can achieve 65% of your home’s valuation. For example, if your house is valued at £340000 you can get £221000.
The 1st and 2nd charge lender will want to know if the property is a Semi detached freehold house or a Leasehold house and if the resident is an Owner Occupier Primary Residence.
Equity Release Loan To Value
The older you are and the more serious your illnesses you are the more cash you can release.
- Santander Lifetime Mortgage Buy To Let
- Lloyds Equity Release Schemes
- Lloyds Retirement Mortgage Interest Rates
- Natwest Lifetime Mortgage Advisers
- Halifax Equity Release Plan
- Halifax Retirement Mortgage Reviews
- Natwest Retirement Mortgage Interest Rates
- HSBC Retirement Mortgage
- Nationwide Retirement Mortgage Home
- HSBC Equity Release Retirement
- Natwest Equity Release
- Halifax Lifetime Mortgage No Payments
- Nationwide Lifetime Mortgage
- Lloyds Bank Lifetime Mortgage Advisers
- Lloyds Bank Retirement Mortgages Reviews
- HSBC Lifetime Mortgage Fixed Rate
Disadvantages of Home Reversion Schemes
Monthly payment life time mortgage can reduce the inheritance for your family. Monthly payment lifetime mortgage may impact ability to claim benefits. You may need to pay a solicitor’s fee and some products expose you to changes in interest rates.
Its often found to find people searching for monthly payment lifetime mortgage, lumpsum lifetime mortgages or home reversion schemes, however, Legal and General like Fortify Insurance Solutions are keen to see evidence of your circumstances in the form of pension statements.
- More 2 Life Capital Choice Plus Plan
- Bridgewater Lifetime Mortgage
- Hodge Equity Release Plans
- Just retirement equity release key features
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Lifetime Mortgage
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release Plans
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release
- Age Partnership Equity Release
- Canada Life Lifestyle Lite Flexi
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Plus Lifetime Mortgage
- Nationwide Equity Release
- NatWest Lifetime Mortgage
- Age Partnership Equity Release Schemes
- More2Life Tailored Choice Plan
- Bridgewater Equity Release
- Liverpool Victoria LV Equity Release Schemes
- Pure Retirement Lifetime Mortgage
- Lloyds Bank Equity Release
- NatWest Equity Release
- L&G Legal & General Flexible Max Plus
- More to Life Capital Choice Plan
- Pure Retirement Equity Release
- Nationwide Equity Release Plans
- TSB Lifetime Mortgage
- NatWest Interest Only Lifetime Mortgage